No subject

Fri Jul 31 19:24:53 CEST 2009

My ADC doesn't have buffer so, I maintain a ring buffer of 2 periods.

I have 2 capture channels with 1 sample width 2 bytes sampling rate is
48khz. Based on this

1 Frame =3D number of channels * sample_bytes  ( 2 * 2 =3D 4)

Let's say period size is 1024 frames ( 4096 bytes)

Buffer_size is 2 periods  ( 8192 bytes)

Accordingly I configured
	.info =3D		(SNDRV_PCM_INFO_MMAP |
SNDRV_PCM_INFO_INTERLEAVED |
			  SNDRV_PCM_INFO_MMAP_VALID ),
	.formats =3D		SNDRV_PCM_FMTBIT_S16_LE,
	.rates =3D		SNDRV_PCM_RATE_48000,
	.rate_min =3D		48000,
	.rate_max =3D		48000,
	.channels_min =3D		2,
	.channels_max =3D		2,
	.buffer_bytes_max =3D	8192,
	.period_bytes_min =3D	4096,
	.period_bytes_max =3D	4096,
	.periods_min =3D		1,
	.periods_max =3D		2,

In pointer call back for first time if I return 1024, copy call back is
invoked. In second pointer call if I return again 1024 it copy is not
invoked.

In second pointer call if I return 2048 copy is called. Later copy was
never called.

Can someone please help me out, what is correct value that I should
return in pointer call back so that copy is invoked.

Thanks and regards,
Kshemanth