[alsa-devel] Huawei K3715 UMTS stick and alsa

Artem Makhutov artem at makhutov.org
Fri Jul 31 00:38:37 CEST 2009

Hello,

Artem Makhutov schrieb:
> [...]
> I have done some small test with some AT commands using Windows and was trying
> to get audio to COM16 without the "Mobile Partner" software. But it did not
> worked.
>
>>> The payload of this interfaces is 320 bytes.
>> How many bytes per second?

The phone is sending 320 bytes every 20ms. So one second of call is
16000 bytes.

I finally managed to write the captured payload data to a file.
I can playback the audio now using

aplay -r 8000 -c 1 -f S16_LE test.wav

If you send the AT-Command "AT^CVOICE?" to the card then it will answer
with "^CVOICE:0,8000,16,20" it is also possible to change this setting.
So I think that the card should be able to output other audio formats
too (like 3G wideband audio), but I have not tested this command out.

The next thing to do is to find out how to make the UMTS-Card output
sound without using the "Mobile Partner" application.

Regards, Artem