[alsa-devel] Master channel is only mono

Sune Mølgaard sune at molgaard.org
Wed Jul 29 18:12:27 CEST 2009

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:11:59 +0200,
> Sune Mølgaard wrote:
>>
>> As per gnubien's advice on #alsa on irc.freenode.net, I have run
>> alsa-info.sh - the URL is
>> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=fbe93f301ca214007e66c521cd6c41a17a604c79 .
>
> Better to run alsa-info.sh with --no-upload and attach it instead
> of URL.

Sorry about that. I was instructed otherwise...

>> My problem is that the master channel for my card is shown to be mono
>> only, which I don't think seems right...
>
> Mono is correct.
> You have other mixer elements for left/right volume balance.

Could you recommend to me a mixer program that can access them, then?
alsamixer only shows Master, Headphone, Headphone 1, PCM, Digital Input
Source [Digital Mic 1], Digital Input Source 1 [Analog Inputs] and Speaker.

Same goes for the gnome mixer with all inputs selected...

>> Also, sound in general is rather low.
>
> I guess you didn't raise headphone and speaker volumes.

Nope, Master, Speaker, and PCM are at max.

> HTH,
>
> Takashi

Thank you for your input, but it would seem that I still need some advice...

Best regards,

Sune