[alsa-devel] clicking noise with Sigmatel STAC9202

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Jul 29 16:52:34 CEST 2009

At Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:46:34 +0200,
Christian Steffen wrote:

> Probaly yes, I mean I can start the on-device linux with the newer kernel
> and also get clicking noise.
> But this way I can't run alsa-info.sh as this system has not all the apps it
> needs.
>
> So I started another ubuntu linux on the device to run alsa-info.sh on the
> 2.6.30 kernel.
>
> I've uploaded the result to:
> http://pastebin.com/m5baeca9a

Please run it with --no-upload on both kernels, and attach both
generated files.

> Does this already help?
> It's difficult to install apps to the linux which is on the device as it is
> very very limited.

Well, then at least, the contents of /proc/asound/card0/codec#*,
/sys/class/sound/hwC0D*/*_pin_configs files (if present), and the file
generated via "alsactl -f somefile store".  These are the most
important information.