[alsa-devel] DMA HW bug in MX2x platforms?

javier Martin javier.martin at vista-silicon.com
Fri Jul 24 09:37:33 CEST 2009

I am currently working on an ASoC driver for mx2x platforms. I am
porting an old working ASoC driver for 2.6.22 + Freescale BSP kernel
to current 2.6.30 kernel.

Among other things, I had to translate old Freescale's DMA api to the
one provided in 2.6.30 for i.mx2x platforms.

Here I will describe the problem that I am having:
in "aplay" I am using (buffer_size/period_size=4), each
(2*period_size) samples I have some erroneous ones that should come
(buffer_size) samples later, and this relation is valid for several
values with (buffer_size/period_size=4).

I have a trace log with all details for DMA transfers that I have
compared for both 2.6.22 and new 2.6.30 and they are identical. Some
people has also told me that there could be a problem with DMA in mx2x
platforms.

Do you have knowledge of this kind of problem? Is there a new DMA
version for mx2x in any git repository?

--
Javier Martin
Vista Silicon S.L.