[alsa-devel] how to quirk max capture level?

Alexey Fisher bug-track at fisher-privat.net
Tue Jul 21 17:19:00 CEST 2009

Clemens Ladisch schrieb:
> Alexey Fisher wrote:
>> i have Logitech QuickCam E3500 ... with little issue.
>> Setting capture volume to more then 94% will mute this device... no
>> capture will be possible. This device has same issue with windows vista.
>> So best way to handle it, is usbquirks.h , but i do not know any way to
>> set max level.
>
> There is no predefined quirk for this; we need to code a workaround in
> usbmixer.c.
>
> Please show the output of "lsusb -v" for this device.
>

> Best regards,
> Clemens

Thank you,
i did some patch to work it around but found some other issues..
i will take closer look to it... all of my usb-sound work different on
different usb-ports, but all other usb gadgets work with no difference
on all ports.
one more question: should i get any sound on cval->min? seems like every
manufacture think different about it.

Best regards,
Alexey