[alsa-devel] CS42L52 codec

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Mon Jul 20 08:49:13 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 07:41:18AM -0700, Anna White wrote:
> I am working with CS42L52 codec under Linux.
> I have CS42L52 driver code, but I need ALSA configuration files.
> Does somebody have ALSA configuration files ?
> Or recomendation how to write them ?

I guess you're referring to a driver, right? Don't know what an 'ALSA
configuration file' should be?

> http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2008-February/006130.html

It's actually all said in this thread. You need a driver as .c and .h
file in sound/soc/codecs and modify the Makefile and Kconfig there.

Don't know how far the original poster actually got - the thread seems
to have died before any code was exposed.

If you're ending up writing the driver yourself, have a look at the
others you find in the same folder. I think the cs4270 whould be a good
thing to base your code on.

Daniel