[alsa-devel] ALSA porting to h/w having kernel version 2.6.18.5

Rakesh Kumar itsrakesh at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 17 16:49:01 CEST 2009

Hi

I am new to ALSA and going to start porting of ALSA driver on out H/W box which is having 2.6.18.5 kernel (ARM), soc scenario. ALSA version supported on 2.6.18.5 is 1.0.12.

I have following questions:

1. Shall I go ahead with ALSA 1.0.12 (which is already part of my kernel)?

2. or shall I download latest ALSA version 1.0.20?

I can go with either with 1.0.12 or 1.0.20 versions, I want to know what is general trend followed in this scenario.

I tried building my kernel with latest ALSA (as a part of kernel) but facing some compilation errors.

Thanks

Regards,

Rakesh