[alsa-devel] Model quirks and duplicate device IDs

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Tue Jul 7 09:47:25 CEST 2009

Takashi Iwai wrote:

>> So how should we act on those situations seen that we can't match against DMI data(which would possibly be crap on those laptops)?
>>

> We can check the codec SSID as well.  If both PCI and codec SSID are
> identical, it's very likely that these are same models, but just a
> wrong model was chosen, or the model was changed during development
> and doesn't match properly any more.

This is the one which is reported to work well with model=toshiba:

PCI SSID: 152d:0763
Codec: Realtek ALC268
Codec SSID: 0x152d0763

More info at:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=83c7d7cd0beec0ae4c926f162a31e4df430c20b5

This is the one reported at which is mapped to model=acer in 2007:
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=3343

# cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0
Codec: Realtek ALC268
Address: 0
Vendor Id: 0x10ec0268
Subsystem Id: 0x152d0763

$ lspci -nv
00:00.0 0600: 8086:2a00 (rev 03)
        Subsystem: 152d:0763
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
        Capabilities: <access denied>