[alsa-devel] Testers wanted: New SB X-Fi driver

周吴军 zwj.echo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 03:46:10 CEST 2009

I also use the ubuntu 904 64bit,and a similar hardware,
 it works for me pretty well .now I can hear 5.1 sound just like the windows
driver  offer

have you intslled soundcard driver?
I use the following install stage
$./configure --with-card=ctxfi
$make
$sudo  make modules install

and then restart(if not the old alsa code will make snd-ctxfi driver module
unloadable)
$sudo modprobe snd-ctxfi

and if it still not work please give some information about $dmesg

here's what lspci | grep audio says:
01:00.1 Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc HD48x0 audio
03:02.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB X-Fi

cat /proc/asound/cards says:
0 [XFi            ]: SB-XFi - Creative X-Fi
                      Creative X-Fi 20K1 Unknown
lsmod|grep xfi
snd_ctxfi             102376  3
snd_pcm                99336  2 snd_ctxfi,snd_pcm_oss
snd                    77256  15
snd_ctxfi,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_timer,snd_seq_device