[alsa-devel] Testers wanted: New SB X-Fi driver

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Sat Jul 4 23:27:04 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag 30 Juni 2009 19:55:44 schrieb Matthias Diehl:
> > At Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:10:45 +0200,
> >
> > Matthias Diehl wrote:
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > i guess you dont speak german, do you? well, i'll try it in
> >
> > english ;-)
> >
> > > i tried to install your newest x-fi "hack" in ubuntu 9.04 64bit.

Interesting enough, I don't manage to get it working under 64 ("SuSE 11.1, 64
Bit, Xen") bit either. Could you check if you also see something in your
syslog (e.g. /var/log/messages) when running speaker-test ?

When I tested the same on the same hardware  on "Kubuntu  Karmic alpha 2, 32
bit", I get sound.

It might be an indication of a either:
- a 32/64 bit issue
- the kernel version (Kubuntu karmic ships with 2.6.30)
- Xen vs non-Xen
- something else

   Christian