[alsa-devel] Intel HDA using VIA vt1708s

Chrissi k c.krooss at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 2 12:02:22 CEST 2009

Hi, i'd like to report a bug in alsa, up to 1.0.20, in combination with the
via vt1708s codec used for example in the asus X5DIJ laptop
per default, patch_via.c enables EAPD during initialization. That's not the
case especially for the 1708S, so theres no sound at all from internal
laptop speakers and
line-out.
Enabling EAPD using hda_analyzer fixes this issue.
I believe there should be some easy fix by initializing the codec with EAPD.
I myself can't commit a patch, because my C -kills suck ;)

i'd be really glad if someone could take a look at patch_via.c

regards
didi2002