[alsa-devel] snd_pcm_info_alloca ( ptr) allocate an INVALID snd_pcm_info_t

Guilherme Longo grlongo.ireland at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:22:24 CEST 2009

Hi all!

Mates, I was looking for a reasonable explanation on why the functions
*_alloca as snd_pcm_info_alloca allocates an INVALID snd_pcm_info_t??

At my point of view this function reserves memory for the allocation of
snd_pcm_info_t and so it is a real space reservation.

I don't want get a wrong understanding and as long as there is no
information regarding this, I am here asking!

Thanks in advanced!