[alsa-devel] laptop multichannel ethernet OR PCMCIA sound cards

Matt Flax flatmax at nal.gov.au
Wed Jul 1 06:01:33 CEST 2009

We are after an ultra low latency connection to a multichannel in/out
sound card for a laptop. We want a portable system and don't want to
network to a different computer to achieve this goal.

As we are after ultra low latency, we are interested in both PCMCIA and
ethernet (gigabit) solutions.

Is anyone aware of any such ultra low latency hardware ?

Can anyone suggest any other solution for a laptop which is portable and
not based on ethernet or PCMCIA ?

I think that USB and firewire are good, but want even lower latency to
the hardware if possible.

thanks
--
Matt Flax, BE, BSc, PhD