[alsa-devel] Strange Config: Fedora 8 running on Amazon EC2

Patrick Lightbody patrick at lightbody.net
Thu Jan 29 06:44:43 CET 2009

Sean and Lee,
Thanks for much for the ideas! A few moments ago someone on #lad on
IRC suggested I  try the snd-dummy module (modprobe snd-dummy). It
worked like a champ - the log messages went away and the Flash
component no longer crashed.

At least, on EC2's Fedora 8 instance.

Unfortunately, on another machine I need to get running (RHEL5), the
logs continue to persist even when snd-dummy was installed. I will try
both of your suggestions on that machine to see if it helps, but I
just wanted to let you know about snd-dummy working out partially for
me.

If you're curious, this is the alsa-info output for the RHEL machine:

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=e8cc121e4c401a35969cd14e14b454c360037187

And this was on the one on the Fedora 8 machine (after having
installed snd-dummy):

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=b2153e21c6fe272a72e9bd97a91c46f6452a38f3

Patrick