[alsa-devel] alsa-utils compile issues

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Wed Jan 28 14:43:44 CET 2009

Hi All,

I have configured alsa-lib 1.0.19 to remove the components I do not want for my embedded
arm target. I do this with the configure options:

	--disable-docs \
	--disable-aload \
	--disable-rawmidi \
	--disable-hwdep \
	--disable-seq \
	--disable-alisp \
	--disable-old-symbols \
	--disable-python \
  	--with-alsa-devdir=/dev \
	--with-pcm-plugins="copy linear adpcm rate plug dmix softvol" \
	--with-ctl-plugins="" \
	--with-versioned="no" \

This builds a much reduced in size alsa-lib

However when I then try to build alsa-utils this fails because amidi and seq will not
compile with the reduced alsa-lib

It seems to be there should be configure options in alsa-utils to disable more of its
components than just alsamixer and alsatest.

I have worked around this by just removing amidi and seq from the SUBDIRS variable in
Makefile.in but perhaps there is a better way of doing this?

Thanks,

Will

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA