[alsa-devel] asoc: s3c24xx+uda1380 - some questions

pHilipp Zabel philipp.zabel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 17:06:47 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Vasily Khoruzhick <anarsoul at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2009 17:25:57 Mark Brown wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 05:19:53PM +0200, Vasily Khoruzhick wrote:
>> > Uh-oh, I didn't thought that it will be so complicated to decide when
>> > turn one gpio line to 0 or 1 :) Btw, I'm thinking about using own write-
>> > and read- wrappers for uda1380, in this way I can check on each
>> > read/write whether codec power is enabled.
>>
>> Are you really cutting all power to the codec or just the analogue
>> supplies?  Normally the digital is powered off a separate supply shared
>> with other bits of the system.
>
> Yep, I'm really cutting all power to the codec. AFAIR it saves ~10-15mA of
> current consumption.

Could you show the code?
On magician I'm just powering up uda1380 when the driver is loaded,
but I wouldn't mind saving some power :)
There are two GPIOs involved - one connected to the uda1380's RESET
line and one to control the power.
The last one doesn't have anything to do with uda1380, really. It's an
external power switch in a PMIC (or CPLD, on magican) so it would be
nice if this code could live in the machine specific drivers.

regards
Philipp