[alsa-devel] asoc: s3c24xx+uda1380 - some questions

Vasily Khoruzhick anarsoul at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 14:19:39 CET 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to develop asoc driver for hp ipaq rx1950 (s3c24xx + uda1380).

1st question: where I can enable/disable uda1380 codec power? I need to
control codec power for powersave reasons.

I tried to add custom power function call to uda1380_set_bias_level in
uda1380.c (pointer to power function is stored in codec->private_data), as it
done for uda134x codec, but after enable-disable-enable cycle (for example,
after resuming from suspend) driver cannot communicate with codec anymore
(i2c bus is always busy), only reloading i2c driver helps.

I suspect, power(0) is called in inappropriate moment, when i2c-transfer still
is not finished.

2nd question: for some reason, driver does not produce any sound during first
aplay invocation, only second and later aplay invocation driver produces
sound. What can be the reason of this problem?

Regards
Vasily