[alsa-devel] Help with Behringer UCG102 Quirks

Keith A. Milner maillist at superlative.org
Mon Jan 26 19:44:02 CET 2009

Hi,
I'm new to alsa development work so I would appreciate some advice.

I'm trying to add specific support for the Behringer UCG102 Guitar Link USB
interface. This is a simple device based on a TI codec. The aim is twofold:

a) To provide a more descriptive name, as it currently describes itself as the
generic TI device

This was easy... I've included the following in usbquirks.h:

/* Behringer UCG102 Guitar Link */
{
	USB_DEVICE(0x08bb, 0x2902),
	.driver_info = (unsigned long) & (const struct snd_usb_audio_quirk) {
		.vendor_name = "Behringer",
		.product_name = "Guitar Link UCG102",
		.ifnum = QUIRK_ANY_INTERFACE,
		.type = QUIRK_COMPOSITE,
	}
},

b) To include more specific support for the characteristics of the UCG102,
such as sample rate and so on (if required). I suspect something is required
in this respect because when you connect it, dmesg reports "cannot get freq
at ep 0x84". I also get a lot of xruns with this device. I suspect it's not
reporting itself properly to ALSA and isn't getting set up with the right
settings. Of course, I may be completely wrong.

I've attached the lsusb output for this. Can anyone help me decode this and
help me understand what settings I need to configure?

Cheers,

--
Keith A. Milner