[alsa-devel] Cannot record from front pluggable mic on 82801H (ICH8 Family) sound card

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sun Jan 25 17:37:10 CET 2009

On Sunday 25 January 2009 15:09, Vincent wrote:
> I tried everything you said, but the problem remains. I tried to put a
> reference board in modprobe.conf but I get no output sound, sounds weird
> because on the archwiki page of the Dell
> 1525<http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dell_Inspiron_1525>there is
> the 3stack option...
> I attached the alsa-info.txt (with the 3stack option enabled). The
> alsa-info.sh generated an alsainfo folder, should I attached it?
>
> Thanks,
> Vincent

Hi Vincent.

It looks like your updates have updated the kernel to 2.6.28 since you
installed the snapshot of the alsa driver, as your alsa-info.sh output shows
alsa driver 1.0.18rc3. You will have to upgrade the alsa driver again for the
new kernel. Alsa driver 1.0.19 is now available from the link below, so try
that.
http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Main_Page

You'll also need to run the alsa-info.sh script again, so that it shows the
info retrieved when using alsa driver 1.0.19. You only need attach the
alsa-info.txt file, not the alsainfo folder.

I must admit to being out of my depth with your problem with the front mic.
It's no doubt worth trying the various model options again, once you've
installed the 1.0.19 alsa driver against the 2.6.28 kernel.

Perhaps Takashi may have a suggestion to resolve your problem.

All the best.

Nigel.