[alsa-devel] Acer Aspire 8920g / snd-hda-intel / ALC889 / surround sound
hector at marcansoft.com
Wed Jan 21 23:31:30 CET 2009
I was able to get audio to work on an Aspire 8930G using the attached
patch, including routing all speakers. However, I could never get any
DACs other than the first two to work. I've been holding off on making a
real patch to add full support properly until I fix this issue.
Can you test the patch? For me, only Front and Rear work, not Center/Sub.
I'm currently using a nasty hack which routes DAC 0 to both Front and
Rear and DAC 1 to CLFE and some asound.conf magic to make it sound
decent, but it's 3.1 sound, not 5.1.
I managed to get hda-analyzer to work and confirmed that the audio does
get to the DACs (if I configure the Rear DAC to the CLFE stream
dynamically it does work), but "something" is making all but the first
to DACs not work. It could also be the mixers attached to the DACs - the
actual audio outputs are okay because I can route them to the working
DACs and get output. I've tried tweaking everything and ensured that
everything was turned up and unmuted, but I've run out of ideas.
Recently I've also tested the three audio jacks in 5.1 output mode. Same
problem - the CLFE *output* works but I get no sound unless I hack the
routing to connect it to the other DACs.
I'm starting to suspect that there's some proprietary Realtek init
missing - maybe some tables or something related to the "encryption module".
Here's a little render that I made of the codec routing:
Hector Martin (hector at marcansoft.com)
Public Key: http://www.marcansoft.com/marcan.asc
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the Alsa-devel