[alsa-devel] Could we get the card name in /sys/clas/sound/card0/name?

Lennart Poettering mznyfn at 0pointer.de
Tue Jan 20 03:41:23 CET 2009

Heya!

Hmm, it would be nifty if we could get the alsa card name (i.e. the
one shown in [] in /proc/pcm/cards) as an attribute file in
/sys/class/sound/cardX/name. Even more useful would be if this
property would be writable so that the cards may be renamed during
runtime.

This could be very useful to establish stable card names via udev
rules, similar to what is already done to network interface names

Would such a change be acceptable?

Lennart