[alsa-devel] Cannot record from front pluggable mic on 82801H (ICH8 Family) sound card

Vincent zakora at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 00:37:37 CET 2009

Hi again,

I have now installed the alsa-driver snapshot in a right way.
Here is my /proc/asound/version:
"Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.18a.
Compiled on Jan 17 2009 for kernel 2.6.27-ARCH (SMP)."
But I still can't record directly from the front plug. How do you configure
alsa to do that? (I use alsamixer or the gnome volume controler)

Thanks