[alsa-devel] Cannot record from front pluggable mic on 82801H (ICH8 Family) sound card

Vincent zakora at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 17:49:19 CET 2009

Hi,

I tried to install alsa-driver snapshot but I think I'm not enough skilled :
I first uninstall alsa-lib, then I install the alsa-driver snapshot. When I
try to (re)start alsa, I get this error:
"/usr/sbin/alsactl: error while loading shared libraries: libasound.so.2:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
and a "sudo find / -name 'libasound*'" didn't return any result.

Did I do the right installation processus? What else can I try to help?

Thanks