[alsa-devel] lockdep warning on 2.6.29-rc1 with pulseaudio

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Jan 13 18:12:23 CET 2009

At Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:02:01 +0100,
Johannes Berg wrote:

> Sorry if you've seen this already, I couldn't find it on gmane.

It's on LKML.

> soemthing is doing mutex_lock(&pcm->open_mutex); but this lock depends
> on &chip->open_mutex which in turn depends on &codec->spdif_mutex (seems
> a little odd) and that already depends on mmap_sem, through
> might_fault()?

This should have been already fixed in the latest Linus git tree.
Please give it a try.

> Incidentally, sound doesn't work on my macbook5,1, I get lots of
> controls but no output.

Could you run alsa-info.sh with --no-upload option on both working and
non-working kernels?  The script is found in
	http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh

I guess it's either a missing GPIO or a HP-ctrl off by jack sensing.
In the latter case, it implies that the pin configuration is basically
wrong and has worked incidentally...

thanks,