[alsa-devel] Creative X-Fi not recognized since 1/9 build

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 13 13:25:49 CET 2009

This is FYI.
I have a creative X-fi soundcard and have been compiling developer builds for a couple of weeks, mostly with great success.
But as of the 1/9 build, my X-fi card is no longer recognized.
The driver it uses is CA0110.
I do not re-compile kernel.
Susan

FYI PS -- About sound quality... I had been running Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 on Linux through wine using the driver. The program measures accuracy for dictated sounds, and my scores have been pretty good, running from 28-31. With the hda-intel they are 25-28.