[alsa-devel] Bug tracking help wanted (Re: alsa driver #2234 SoundScape Elite not support)

Krzysztof Helt krzysztof.h1 at poczta.fm
Tue Jan 6 18:17:10 CET 2009

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 15:51:56 -0500
"Theodore J. Allen" <tjallen at hws.edu> wrote:

> As a new Slackware was just released this month, I have been
> upgrading and tweaking my new 2.6.27.7 kernel and just noticed this
> week that last year there was some activity on the ISA SoundScape non-
> PnP ALSA driver.  I have played with it some more, but have not
> gotten it to work.  I'm still interested in getting a working ALSA
> driver for the SoundScape Elite, so if a developer has code for me to
> test, I will.

I have only SoundScape VIVO card, but I can provide some help if you can
send me the output from the driver (snd_sscape module). Please compile
kernel with sound options: "Verbose printk", "Debug" and "More verbose debug".

I suspect the Elite model requires some firmware to be uploaded before the
card is usable.

Kind regards,
Krzysztof

Dzwon tanio do wszystkich!