[alsa-devel] ASoC updates

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Jan 6 09:45:57 CET 2009

At Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:09:18 +0000,
Mark Brown wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 09:53:21PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > Are all these 2.6.30 material or for 2.6.29?
>
> They're a bit on the edge, I'd expect them to be safe for 2.6.29 but the
> conservative thing would be to punt to 2.6.30.  None of them are
> critical.

OK, I'll include them in the next 2.6.29 pull request, which will
be sent today.

> > For 2.6.30, I'll create another branch.  It won't be included in
> > linux-next, too, until rc1 is reached (Stephen requested so), but we
> > can keep it in our main branch, of course.
>
> How about branching off a fixes branch for 2.6.29 rather than a -next
> branch?  That way we can keep using the same branch for further fixes
> through the -rc series.  Doesn't make much difference either way,
> though.

Usually I make a fix-branch off like "fix/asoc" after rc1 or rc2,
i.e. the linux-next tree starts accepting the next-kernel stuff.
Until then, topic/* will keep the 2.6.29 stuff.

So my plan is to create next/asoc branch, switch to topic/asoc after
the merge window, and use fix/asoc branch for further fixing.

thanks,