[alsa-devel] Crackling instead of Audio

Calad Sigilon calad.sigilon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 00:10:20 CET 2009

Got a bit of an interesting problem that #alsa wasn't able to help me
solve - though gnubien did get me through a rigorous amount of
debugging!

No audio output - just crackling.  Using position_fix=1 seemed to work
for one boot, but then never worked again.

Tried position_fix=1, position_fix=2, mode=vaio, no mode=vaio. No effect.

Tried pci=nolapic, pci=noacpi, pci=irqpoll, pci=routeirq on the grub
boot line. No effect.

Firewire is the only other thing on interrupt 21, and I don't use it.
Tried blacklisting all modules so HDA Intel was the only thing on
interrupt 21 - no effect.

It is filed as Bug #4311, which has the alsa-info attached
(https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/file_download.php?file_id=2818&type=bug)

--
CaladSigilon