[alsa-devel] E-MU 0404 Support

Kristian Lumme kristian.lumme at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 22:28:56 CET 2009

Hi!

I reported a bug (or what I think is a bug) with the E-MU 0404 USB
driver (https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=4410)
(this probably concerns other E-MU cards as well). Now, the supported
soundcards list states that E-MU (or Creative) have supplied ALSA
developers with datasheets to help the development of the driver.
Well... in my bug report I was referred to this discussion on the ALSA
devel list: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/56288/focus=56355

If I understand this correctly, people that are offering to help
develop the driver can't get in touch with the person who has the
datasheets (and there hasn't been any update from him in a long
time... or so it seems--sorry if I'm mistaken). Surely, there's some
way to make these specifications available to interested developers so
the support for the E-MU cards can be improved?