[alsa-devel] Timer instability

Lennart Poettering mznyfn at 0pointer.de
Mon Feb 23 20:20:45 CET 2009

On Mon, 23.02.09 03:56, Lennart Poettering (mznyfn at 0pointer.de) wrote:

> Hmm, for now my little testing experiment I've now found es1969,
> ens1371, intel8x0, snd-emu10k1 and some intel-hda to have unreliable
> _avail() or _delay().

And here's the output for HDA STAC92xx:

http://pastebin.mandriva.com/7149

The first dump is the interesting one: when audio starts to play the
buffer abruptly runs empty in just 20us after the device started. (The
rightmost column is the state btw, 3 == playing).

A quick overview of cards where _delay() and/or _avail() are unreliable:

 es1969
 ens1371
 intel8x0
 emu10k1