[alsa-devel] snd_pcm_hw_params_get_period_size points to __old_ symbol

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.org
Mon Feb 23 12:32:52 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 11:52:39AM +0000, Alan Horstmann wrote:
> > This is rather unpracticable for us as we build the whole system with
> > buildroot. Hence, I'd rather go and fix it. Any hint about what could
> > possibily go wrong during the build phase which would explain that bug
> > to happen? A missing/wrong define, bogus configure arguments?
>
> Just thought I would chip in from the sidelines here; we have successfully
> built for ARM (AT91 though) using Buildroot.
>
> Looking back to my posting on devel list dated 12.08.08, one problem was:
>
> "We are currently using the Buildroot system which uses the uClibc libraries.
>  Simply, uClibc does not support versioned symbols.  Therefore it is necessary
>  to override the ALSA-lib default by adding
>         --with-versioned=no
>  to the build.  Aplay, Alsamixer etc run without problems.

Yes, as discussed on the buildroot mailing list in the last few hours,
this is what makes it work for me, too. There will be a fix for buildroot
to make it add this configure option.

Unfortunately, this does not solve the other "pxassp pointer not moving"
issue, but I will follow up on this in the other thread.

Thanks for the help on this one to anyone who jumped in!

Daniel