[alsa-devel] set_params:1073: not enough memory

maarten van es maarten.h.van.es at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 23:18:00 CET 2009

Hi,

This is a hobby project, so I am not so quick with building and
testing things. Anyway, it seems to me now this error is related to a
driver (or perhaps my 'hardware'). I tested the environment built by
buildroot by chrooting into it, from 2 host systems. Aplay then works
fine on my laptop, with an intel HDA card running OpenSuse 11.0
x86-64, kernel 2.6.25.20. The exact same build gives the error in
set_params in aplay running in qemu, with an (emulated) es1370 and
running OpenSuse 11.0 x86-64, kernel 2.6.25.5. The error also occurs
when booting qemu with the buildroot environment with kernel 2.6.28.4.
The qemu system is not my final target, but if there are things I can
try / test with the driver I am willing to spend some time on that.

Regards
Maarten