[alsa-devel] idt blue jack patch

Wu Fengguang fengguang.wu at intel.com
Fri Feb 20 02:00:01 CET 2009

Hi Tobin,

Here are the Linux and WinXP pin configurations.
Both Linux and WinXP configure node 0x0c as an output pin.

However the driver seems to be offering three schemes:

        scheme desc             0xC dev
        IDS_CONFIG_OPEN         Speaker_Side/LineIn
        IDS_CONFIG_51           LineIn
        IDS_CONFIG_71           Speaker_Side

Paulo, maybe you can run these commands to switch between
linein/lineout modes:

        # wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/misc/hda-verb-0.3.tar.bz2

        # set PIN_IN mode
        hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D2 0x0c SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x20

        # set PIN_OUT mode
        hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D2 0x0c SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x40

Thanks,
Fengguang
---

/proc/asound/card0/codec\#2

        Codec: IDT 92HD73E1X5
        Address: 2
        Vendor Id: 0x111d7676
        Subsystem Id: 0x80865002
        Revision Id: 0x100202

AUD_allOS_6033.2_PV_IDTGUI_v124/WDM/WinXP/Sthda.ini

        # sthda.INI
        [Models]
        HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7676&SUBSYS_80865002=I73E-EL2.INI

AUD_allOS_6033.2_PV_IDTGUI_v124/WDM/WinXP/I73E-EL2.INI

        [HKR\Settings\Pin\0C]
        CfgDflt                         = dword: 0x01113214
        AltCfg                          = hex: 5E,32,81,01
        AssignedDAC     = hex: 0x18

/proc/asound/card0/codec\#2

        Node 0x0c [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400183: Stereo Amp-In
          Amp-In caps: N/A
          Amp-In vals:  [0x00 0x00]
          Pincap 0x00001737: IN OUT Detect Trigger ImpSense
            Vref caps: HIZ 50 GRD 80
          Pin Default 0x01113014: [Jack] Speaker at Ext Rear
            Conn = 1/8, Color = Blue
            DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0x4
          Pin-ctls: 0x40: OUT VREF_HIZ
          Unsolicited: tag=04, enabled=1