[alsa-devel] idt blue jack patch

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Feb 18 16:24:58 CET 2009

At Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:44:26 +0100,
Vedran Miletić wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Takashi,
> >
> > Fengguang got the same board I have (DG45ID)
> > and he confirmed that the blue jack was output.
> > The only difference between his computer and mine
> > was that his had an older bios.
> >
> > This is what he said to me before sending me the patch:
> >
> > "OK, so it's in fact a general issue. I'll look into it. But I'm afraid
> > I have difficulty in allocating time for it in the near future..."
> >
> > Therefore, I think we need another quirk.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > --
> > Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
> > LCG - UFRJ
> >

> Can you find someone who has different board with same codec to verify
> how general issue this really is?

In general, the pin config value can't be generic.
As port-C is a multi-purpose jack, I don't think this can be applied
to all cases.

So, now the question is when to apply -- under which condition.
Apparently, the BIOS of Paulo is broken.  And, Wu Fengguang's case
is unclear, whether it comes from BIOS or from a static pin cfg
table in patch_sigmatel.c.