[alsa-devel] idt blue jack patch

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 10:04:19 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 3:50 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> At Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:04:31 -0300,
> Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> >
> >     At Mon, 16 Feb 2009 06:13:35 -0300,
> >     Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> >     >
> >     > Hi,
> >     >
> >     > I received a patch form Fengguang that
> >     > made my Intel DG45ID (snd-hda-intel, codec IDT 92HD73E1X5)
> >     > behave the way it should, in my opinion.
> >     >
> >     > It just makes the blue jack behave as an input source by default
> (in
> >     alsa
> >     > 1.0.19 it is
> >     > an output jack).
> >     >
> >     > It is widespread that the green jack is output, the blue input and
> the
> >     pink
> >     > is mic.
> >     > Some cards allow reconfiguring the jacks in alsamixer, but the
> DG45ID
> >     > already has
> >     > an orange and black jacks for rear and center speakers, and a
> digital
> >     > output.
> >     >
> >     > Other people have also raised this problem some time ago:
> >     >
> >     >
> https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=threaded&
> >     order=ASC&topic_id=62855&forum=12&move=prev&topic_time=1224179600
> >     >
> >     > Fengguang suggested me to direct my request to the development
> list,
> >     > so the other developers could decide what to do.
> >     >
> >     > I would like to add that I can use the input source and the mic
> just
> >     fine
> >     > now
> >     > (the mic could be a bit louder, but it works fine with skype).
> >     >
> >     > The patch is very simple and is attached. This would conclude the
> fix
> >     > for this card, Takashi started with me some time ago (I just made
> the
> >     > tests).
> >
> >     It's fine to put a quirk there.  But, you'd need to create a "model"
> >     for your device so that it won't interfere other devices.  That is,
> >     define a new model type, and call stac92xx_set_config_reg() with the
> >     check of spec->board_config.
> >
> > This is easy. The problem is that I am already using model "no-jd",
> remember?
> > In this case, if I used
> >
> >         /* was 0x01113014 */
> >         if (spec->board_config > STAC_92HD73XX_NO_JD ) {
> >             stac92xx_set_config_reg(codec, 0x0c, 0x01813021);
> >         }
> >
> > would be fine to me.
>
> Hm, now the question is why it's wrong.  This patch changes the
> [...]
Takashi,

Fengguang got the same board I have (DG45ID)
and he confirmed that the blue jack was output.
The only difference between his computer and mine
was that his had an older bios.

This is what he said to me before sending me the patch:

"OK, so it's in fact a general issue. I'll look into it. But I'm afraid
I have difficulty in allocating time for it in the near future..."

Therefore, I think we need another quirk.

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ