[alsa-devel] Snapshot From ALSA Server

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 17 16:08:01 CET 2009

When I try to compile alsa-driver from the snapshot from alsa server
(eg alsa-driver-, the compilation
process fails at applying two patches : pci/hda/hda_beep.patch and

After manually fixing the patches, the compilation goes on and
provides apparently valid modules (at least I get sound from them).

Why is it so ? In the said patches I see nothing specific to my
environment. Could there be a missing patch or overlapping patches
applied in a wrong order ? Are these tarballs compiled before
being made available ?

Note : this problem does not occur in daily snapshots by Tagashi.