[alsa-devel] HP pavilion dv5 1110ew - no hdmi sound

Bartłomiej Holdenmayer bh at habah.com
Thu Feb 12 20:08:29 CET 2009

Dnia 2009-02-12, czw o godzinie 17:19 +0100, Vedran Miletić pisze:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 12:54 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> > At Thu, 12 Feb 2009 00:41:22 +0100,
> > Bartłomiej Holdenmayer wrote:

> >> Description in full is here:
> >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6589810
> >>

> >> The main idea of upgrading ALSA with attached script, is the timeshift
> >> of updates through official channels in the range of up to half a year.
> >>
> >> This is IMO not acceptable.
> >>
> >> There is a great chance that you get your soundcard up and running or
> >> problems resolved much earlier, if you use the very lastest
> >> ALSA version. The script will get you the latest official stable ALSA
> >> release and - if available - the latest release candidate
> >> for an upcoming release.
> >
> > The released or rc tarballs are way too old for debugging.
> > Use the snapshot tarball in the URL below (not from
> > alsa-oroject.org).
> >    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.gz
> >

> > Takashi
> >

> I don' think this will be enough. If you look at lspci, there is not a
> single mention of HDMI device. I believe (well, at least MCP78S has it
> that way) that HDMI device should be listed. If it isn't listed for
> discrete graphics, then there is some other way that it must be
> implemented.
>
> I believe that ATI also lists separate device for HDMI audio.
>
> To be precise, my 8200 board has this:
> http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/10de/0774, and there is a BIOS option to
> enable and disable it.
>
> If there isn't a way to get HDMI audio device listed in lspci (BIOS
> option or whatever), I don't believe upgrading ALSA will do much here.

I my bios there is no such a option about hdmi. It is simple bios - boot
order, passwords and test for hhd, memory.

What else can i do? Is my problem connected with bios, nvidia driver or
alsa? I have the most actual bios, alsa from snap and nvidia 180.11
(most actual from repositories; on nvidia webpage there is 180.22)
--
Pozdrawiam / Regards
Bartłomiej Holdenmayer

GG:541634; ICQ:33920811; skypename:bartlomiejholdenmayer