[alsa-devel] HP pavilion dv5 1110ew - no hdmi sound

Vedran Miletić rivanvx at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 12:20:57 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> What are difference between them?  Just my ignorance.
>
> BTW, interestingly, I've seen HP dv5 alsa-info with the very same
> PCI SSID (thus supposedly the same model) which has MCP78 HDMI codec
> chip.
>

> Takashi

MCPxx = single-chip northbridge + southbridge, with or without
integrated graphics
Gxx = graphics processor

Now, I might be ignorant here, but wouldn't it be realistic to expect
them to function at least a bit different? MCPs have integrated audio
controller that certainly isn't the same as one used in Gs.

But, well... it might just work. Maybe NVIDIA wanted to make life
easier for developers and used the same logic everywhere.

Doesn't ATI have different HDMI for integrated and discrete?

--
Vedran Miletić