[alsa-devel] [Fwd: HP DV4 1155 SE - No Sound through speakers...]

Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski herton at mandriva.com.br
Wed Feb 4 18:40:45 CET 2009

Em Quarta-feira 04 Fevereiro 2009, às 15:09:15, Takashi Iwai escreveu:
> At Wed, 04 Feb 2009 18:01:26 +0100,
>
> Jean-Pierre André wrote:
> > Hi Herton,
> >
> > I have identified why applying your patch broke the sound worse on my
> > computer, by reverting each individual modification until the sound
> > comes back. It has not brought overall improvements for me, but this
> > might help you getting it right.
>
> Oh well.
>
> Herton, could you rebase the patch against the latest sound tree?
> The patch rejects awfully, so hard to test...

I've done now the rebased/splitted patches, was slow at verifying/reviewing
things but I think it's now good. In my previous patch to me I saw that was
doing some uneeded things, also was better to reuse patch_stac92hd71bxx
instead of splitting 4port/5port support/differences away. I removed the pin
configs for HP models too, it may be wrong/uneeded or cause problems like in
this case. Find attached now three patches with splitted fixes/enhancements,
but nothing that will help with the problem here unfortunately, I thought the
previous patch with pin configs could help.

--
[]'s
Herton