[alsa-devel] No headphone with an Intel 82801I sound card

Aurélien Croc aurelien at ap2c.com
Wed Feb 4 18:02:07 CET 2009

Is there no news about that problem?
If it is just a mixer problem, it may not be so hard to get the correct mixer
channels available no? (in particular when each point of the problem work with
a specific code).
Thank you in advance,
Best regards,

Aurélien

On Monday 02 February 2009, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:56:07 +0100,
>
> Aurélien Croc wrote:
> > > Hmm, other people reported basically such Dell laptops do work with
> > > the headphone but not with the speaker output...
> >
> > With google i found a lot of guys who have the same problem...I never
> > seen someone who doesn't have its internal speaker working..
>
> See the recent post by Laurent Pinchart.

Which reminds me that the problem still hasn't been fixed :-) Is there
anything else you would like me to try ?

> Did you try the latest snapshot?
>
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-sna
>pshot.tar.gz

Best regards,

Laurent Pinchart