[alsa-devel] [Fwd: HP DV4 1155 SE - No Sound through speakers...]

Herton Ronaldo Krzesinski herton at mandriva.com.br
Mon Feb 2 20:48:32 CET 2009

Em Segunda-feira 02 Fevereiro 2009, às 17:19:13, Tim Barnette escreveu:
> Herton, I downloaded the patches. What do I do with them?  Will these
> address MSI PCI enable and config mentioned in your email?

You can try/apply them and build with 2.6.28.2 kernel. It'll not set
enable_msi=1 by default as the subvendor/subdevice ids are not on the list
(103c:30fb), just add them to sound/pci/hda/hda_intel.c at msi_list
(see sound-alsa-hda-add-msi-quirk-list.patch) and make sure CONFIG_PCI_MSI is
enabled on kernel config, or just load snd-hda-intel with option enable_msi=1
(and in this case you don't need to apply msi patch). But test before without
enabling msi, it may be not needed.

--
[]'s
Herton