[alsa-devel] No headphone with an Intel 82801I sound card

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Feb 2 17:50:51 CET 2009

At Mon, 2 Feb 2009 17:43:58 +0100,
Aurélien Croc wrote:

> Le lundi 02 février 2009 17:01:40, vous avez écrit :
> > Did you try the latest snapshot?
> >
> > ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-sna
> >pshot.tar.gz
>
> With these sources, i get the headphone working but i loose the internal
> digital microphone! I tried with the two model available for my laptop but it
> changes nothing (dell-m4-1 and dell-m4-2).

Don't choose different models.  Reboot once without model option, then
run alsa-info.sh with --no-upload option, and post the generated
file.

Do always run alsa-info.sh to get a snapshot when you change
something.  This is really helpful.

I guess it's a mixer issue, though.  Check the "Digital Input Source"
mixer element if present.