[alsa-devel] [Fwd: HP DV4 1155 SE - No Sound through speakers...]

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Feb 2 07:45:41 CET 2009

At Sun, 1 Feb 2009 17:34:41 -0500,
Tim Barnette wrote:

> Jean-Pierre, thank you for the suggestions.
>
> Unfortunately, I have tried the boot options irqpoll, noapic with no luck.
> Additionally, I installed mplayer and it produced no sound through the
> speakers.  Finally, I added option snd-hda-intel model=hp-m4 and hp-m5 in
> alsa-base with no luck.

Try "model=hp-dv5".  After changing the model parameter, reboot once,
and check whether the module parameters are really set properly via
/sys/modules/snd_hda_intel/parameters/model.

Double-check the mixer elements all adjusted and unmuted.  If it still
doesn't work, post with the attachment of alsa-info.sh (with
--no-upload option) output with model=hp-dv5.

Takashi