[alsa-devel] [Fwd: HP DV4 1155 SE - No Sound through speakers...]

Tim Barnette tim.barnette at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 23:34:41 CET 2009

Jean-Pierre, thank you for the suggestions.

Unfortunately, I have tried the boot options irqpoll, noapic with no luck.
Additionally, I installed mplayer and it produced no sound through the
speakers.  Finally, I added option snd-hda-intel model=hp-m4 and hp-m5 in
alsa-base with no luck.

The whole time, if I plugged my headphones in, they would continue to work.

I did just notice one more thing. Although Linux shows my sounds as volume
all the way up, and not muted.  The speaker mute button on the laptop
appears in red with the mute symbol (meaning it's muted).  Any idea why that
is?  Possible that it's the wrong driver?  This is bizarre as the headhpones
work fine.

Any ideas?