[alsa-devel] work in progress: USB driver for Behringer BCD 2000

Frank van de Pol fvdpol at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 22:57:59 CET 2009

I'm currently working on Alsa support for the Behringer BCD 2000, a DJ
control surface (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BCD2000.aspx).
Unfortunate this device does not act as a standard class device. Since
proper technical documentation from Behringer is non-existent my work
is based on analysis of the USB data stream.

Current status:
- driver supports midi input data for all controls/buttons that are
able to send midi data (some of tje controls do not send out data but
are hardwired to the analogue circuitry, eg. headphone volume etc.)

still todo:
	- get the midi-output working to allow control of the LEDs on the
control surface.
	- cleanup of the code (mostly remove debugging stuff)
	- documentation

The unit has also a 4 channel 24-bit audio interface;  at the moment I
have little interest in trying to get this audio interface
operational.

If anyone else on this list has a similar device and would like to
test it please let me know so I can send patches.

Regards,
Frank.