[alsa-devel] Two codecs using the same I2S bus

Niels Langendorff linux at langendorff.nl
Fri Dec 11 13:29:07 CET 2009

Hi,

for a samsung based project we have chosen two codecs, one for input,
the other for output. The two codecs are using the same I2S bus due to
audio requirements (HF audio in combination with EC)

When having two machine implementations at the same time for the two
codecs we will run into problems attaching to the I2S bus. A solution is
to combine the machine implementation into one file, but then I probaly
have to modify generic kernel code.

I there some solution for this and/or example code

Thanks in advance,

Niels Langendorff