[alsa-devel] PLL computation in TLV320AIC3x SoC driver

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue Dec 8 15:56:06 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 12:28:30PM +0100, Peter Meerwald wrote:

> I'm trying to use the SoC TLV320AIC3x codec driver with sysclk 16384000
> and ran into some problems with setting PLL; below is a patch against
> linux-2.6-asoc

Please submit patches against the most recent for- branch of

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound-2.6.git

You've also forgotten your Signed-off-by.

> further, the original code does not respect the constraints on j (>= 4, <=
> 55 for d==0) according to the codec's datasheet, and similarly for d!=0

Might be helpful to point out what these constraints are and how the
code fails to respect them - given that your change is a total rewrite
of the relevant code it's not as easy as it might be to spot what's
changed.