[alsa-devel] ASoC updates for 2.6.33

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Thu Dec 3 11:56:52 CET 2009

On Thursday 03 December 2009 12:35:12 ext Mark Brown wrote:
> Due to cross tree merge issues some updates to the TWL4030 MFD code are
> also included, enabling sharing of the CODEC hardware by support for the
> VIBRA interface of the devices.

To be precise: the twl4030-codec MFD driver as such (with updates) is going to
be introduced through the sound-2.6 tree as far as I know. With this change the
twl4030 soc codec driver now using much nicer way of loading/probing, this also
affected some OMAP based boards (the changes for their platform code also going
via the sound-2.6 tree).
All in all, it was quite a bit of internal change, which actually should not
affect the users at the end.

--
Péter