[alsa-devel] line-in on Intel DG45ID

Alexey Fisher bug-track at fisher-privat.net
Wed Dec 2 11:30:50 CET 2009

Am Dienstag, den 01.12.2009, 16:49 +0100 schrieb Takashi Iwai:
> At Tue, 01 Dec 2009 16:45:35 +0100,
> Alexey Fisher wrote:
> >
> > Am Dienstag, den 01.12.2009, 16:03 +0100 schrieb Takashi Iwai:

> > > Which ALSA driver version are you using?
> > >
> > > The very latest one should have a "Line Jack Mode", with which you
> > > can change the input/output via enum control.
> >
> > i use recent alsa-kernel.git, i found this switch.
>
> Check sound GIT tree, to be sure:
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git
>
> A snapshot tarball for external builds is:
>   ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.gz
>
> > Currently i trying to
> > dig deeper in the code. Seems like this board is not really supported...
> > for normal tasks like stereo in / stereo out - is ok, but surround seems
> > to be messed up, mixer map too.
> > For example: "speaker-test -c 6" will produce "Front L/R" on all jacks.
>
> You have to pass -Dsurround51, too.

Tank you for the tip, speaker-test worked for my Hercules so i thout
should work for intel too. So with tiwai.git and -Dsurround51 or
surrounf71 outputs are working. Bad the mixer map is in really bad
state. Here is my current investigation, here are the controls i tested:

[jack]  [surround]; [mixers;...]
green - front r/l;Master; PCM; Speeker 0;
blue - side r/l ------- PCM; Speaker 3;
black - rear r/l; Master; PCM; Speaker 1;
orange - cenrat f/r; Master; PCM; ------; swap;
('Swap Center/LFE Playback Switch' (change front and reare outputs))

You can see - master control not all jacks and most (not all) jacks have
own mixer.

'Master Playback Switch' <- master but not for all (blue jack not
contr)
'Master Playback Volume' <- master but not for all (blue jack not contr)
'PCM Playback Volume' <- bad sound if too lo
'Center Playback Switch' <- not working?
'Center Playback Volume' <- not working?
'LFE Playback Switch' <- not working?
'LFE Playback Volume' <- not working ?
'Speaker Playback Switch' <- Front Playback
'Speaker Playback Switch',inx=1	<- Rear Playback
'Speaker Playback Switch',inx=3	<- Side Playback
'Speaker Playback Volume' <- Front Playback
'Speaker Playback Volume',inx=1	<- Rear Playback
'Speaker Playback Volume',inx=3	<- Side Playback
'Swap Center/LFE Playback Switch'<- order switch ?or route?

I will continue to investigate this board.